Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others."

Hey Internet, its Punk.  Been a crazy week here in Delaware!  Tuesday we had the Virginia quake and Saturday we saw Hurricane Irene and some tornadoes!  Alls well now and the weather is gorgeous.  I've been feeling kind of stressed the past few days going over my finances.  I am lucky I have a terrific job and my first home is amazing but right now I am stretching things pretty thin haha.  Once I figure out a better way to budget and stay in the green it will be just fine but its been pretty frustrating living paycheck to paycheck this way and overdrawing my account every single month.

We are just kicking into my favorite time of year!  I love the fall.  Its my favorite weather all year long with crisp walks in the woods or at various parks, the leaves changing, wearing my favorite hoodies, football on Sundays, PA Renn Faire, and Halloween of course.  I can't wait to do all those things that I missed out on last year with my broken ankle.

The title of this entry is in reference to volunteerism.  Play Practice is starting up soon for the Possibility Players and I am excited about that.  I really enjoy helping out and being a part of such a wonderful organization but I am going to step down as President as HOMH.  It has just been too much for me lately with a full time job and now especially living an hour away I can't be as involved as I once was and it isn't fair to the group.  I am still going to be a big part of the show and help to get it all together but the administrative side is going to have to fall on someone elses shoulders.

I am also excited to say that I have applied to join a volunteer organization here in Delaware.  I sent in my application to Best Buddies International today and the lady that I've been talking to is very excited to have me aboard.  After a background check and in person interview I will be paired up with someone in my area with a developmental disability and be their "Buddy".  Basically just be a friend and spend time with them.  I am really looking forward to this and can't wait to meet whoever they think I'd be a good fit for.

Thats about it for now!  Later Internet.

Punk   

No comments:

Post a Comment