Monday, September 19, 2011

Forever I'll find you, forever we'll be Forever your power and strength stays with me

Happy Monday internet.  Busy weekend but one of the best I've had in a very long time.  My brother Bryan turned 30 last week (crazy right!  we're all getting old.)  My cousin Michelle's birthday is tomorrow so we had a combined party for them this past Saturday and had a bunch of friends and family over and tons of good food.  Bryan had an awesome Scooby Doo cake with chocolate and peanut butter (his favorite!).  He got some awesome dvds, some video games, and some sweet old license plates that our uncle found while he was going through an old attic.  Bryan loves license plates and has several decorating his bedroom walls.  Bocce was played, zombies were shot down on the Wii, and kareoke was sung!  Very fun afternoon at the family homestead.

The Birthday Boy and Girl
                                                                  Bryan, Finn, and Me
Enjoying the Weather!
Sunday was the Shamrock and Roll festival in Philly at the world famous Electric Factory.  Three of my alltime favorite bands were playing under one roof; The Dropkick Murphys, which is the band I've seen live more than any other with a grand total of 23 shows.  The Street Dogs, the awesome new band of former Dropkick Murphys front man Mike McColgan, and also has the distinction of being the band that I broke my ankle to last year at their show.  And finally Stiff Little Fingers my favorite old school Punk Rockers from Belfast. 

 It was amazing, Street Dogs had a great set and I had an awesome vantage point from the balcony (no pit for me this time).  Stiff Little Fingers were amazing as usual, until this tour they haven't been to the States in six years.  It was great seeing a whole new generation of concert goers discovering such a classic band, much the same way I did 8 years ago. 



In between SLF and Dropkick I went outside as they were closing up the outside venue and I noticed Street Dog front man Mike McColgan hanging out so I introduced myself and told him about my mishap last year.  He couldn't have been nicer getting a picture with me and even inviting me backstage to watch the Dropkick Murphy set from the sidelines.  It was incredible seeing the concert from a new vantage point.  Seeing all the fans going crazy from the point of view of the band.  Watching all the action that goes down switching instruments and having special guest musicians for certian songs. 

Haha I don't know how I'm ever going to outdo that show!

Mike McColgan and me
Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment